With Byrd at the Bottom of the World : The South Pole Expedition of 1928-1930 Paperback / softback
Part of the Admiral Byrd Classics series
With Byrd at the Bottom of the World vividly recounts American explorer Admiral Richard E.
Byrd's expedition to the South Pole. From the sublime to the ridiculous, author and fellow explorer Norman D.
Vaughan recalls the historic moments, practical jokes, jealousies, and affection among compatriots facing the dangers of a frozen and inhospitable continent.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 1 Maps; 34 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Publication Date: 01/11/2016
- Category: Geographical discovery & exploration
- ISBN: 9781442275225