This book deals with the hard science behind better athletic performance.
The pace of knowledge enhancement and innovation in running has been so brisk through the last few years that even highly informed athletes could be excused for not keeping up.
Running Science is an easy to understand repository of running research and offers a wealth of insights distilled from great sport and exercise scientists, coaches and runners.
It provides an array of the most credible and widely used training principles and programmes.
But perhaps most importantly, it is a celebration of the latest science-based know-how of running, now arguably the world's most popular participant sport.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 608 pages, 10 black & white illustrations, 151 black & white halftones
- Publisher: Human Kinetics Publishers
- Publication Date: 05/07/2013
- Category: Sports training & coaching
- ISBN: 9780736074186