Lusting for London : Australian Expatriate Writers at the Hub of Empire, 1870-1950 Hardback
by P. Morton
This book examines the flight of young Australian writers to London in the decades before and after Federation in 1901.
Peter Morton studies how their careers were shaped by shifting their country of residence, the expatriate experience, and how the loss of these expatriates affected the evolving literary culture of Australia.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 284 pages, X, 284 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/11/2011
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9780230338883
- PDF from £56.95
- Paperback / softback from £52.99