German Visions of India, 1871-1918 : Commandeering the Holy Ganges during the Kaiserreich Hardback
by P. Myers
The wide-ranging fascination with India in Wilhelmine Germany emerged during a time of extraordinary cultural and political tensions.
This study shows how religious (denominational and spiritual) dilemmas, political agendas, and shifting social consensus became inextricably entangled in the wider German encounter with India during the Kaiserreich.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 259 pages, 3 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 259 p. 3 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 07/03/2013
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781137299710
- Paperback / softback from £48.95
- PDF from £46.75