Britain After Empire : Constructing a Post-War Political-Cultural Project Hardback
by P. Preston
Through compelling analysis of popular culture, high culture and elite designs in the years following the end of the Second World War, this book explores how Britain and its people have come to terms with the loss of prestige stemming from the decline of the British Empire.
The result is a volume that offers new ideas on what it is to be 'British'.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 278 pages, VIII, 278 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 22/01/2014
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137023827
- PDF from £60.35
- Paperback / softback from £56.15