The immortal lovers of novels, plays and films, Antony and Cleopatra were reviled by contemporary Romans, but history has transformed them into tragic heroes.
Their blending of politics and sex led to the ruin of both, since their main rival Octavian-Augustus was able to portray Cleopatra as the arch enemy of Rome and Antony as her consort.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/08/2007
- Category: Biography: historical, political & military
- ISBN: 9780752443836
- Paperback / softback from £7.65
- EPUB from £5.46