Chemical Senses in Feeding, Belonging, and Surviving : Or, Are You Going to Eat That? Paperback / softback
Part of the Elements in Perception series
This Element looks at the physiological and social roles of taste and the proximal chemical senses.
First, how we perceive food and people when we contact them is discussed.
These perceptions help us identify what we are eating and with whom we are present and serves as an analysis of the complex scene.
Second, the influence of taste in food choice, metabolism, and nutrition is considered.
Next, the impact of taste and the proximal chemical senses in social interactions is examined, including social eating.
Then, the role of taste and the proximal chemical senses in emotion is explored.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 75 pages, Worked examples or Exercises
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 25/07/2019
- Category: Physiological & neuro-psychology, biopsychology
- ISBN: 9781108714075