The Good Earth Paperback / softback
Part of the AN AMERICAN CLASSIC series
When O-lan, a servant girl, marries the peasant Wang Lung, she toils tirelessly through four pregnancies for their family's survival.
Reward at first is meagre, but there is sustenance in the land - until the famine comes.
Half-starved, the family joins thousands of peasants to beg on the city streets.
It seems that all is lost, until O-lan's desperate will to survive returns them home with undreamt of wealth.
But they have betrayed the earth from which true wealth springs, and the family's money breeds only mistrust, deception - and heartbreak for the woman who had saved them.
The Good Earthis a riveting family saga and story of female sacrifice - a classic of twentieth-century literature.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 368 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Ltd
- Publication Date: 14/01/2016
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9781471151873
- Paperback / softback from £9.89
- eAudiobook MP3 from £23.48