Space Race Archaeologies : Photographs, Biographies and Design Paperback / softback
Edited by Pedro Alonso
As the byproduct of the Cold War, the space race produced a considerable number of objects disseminated in networks, not only in the East and West but also in the global South: rockets, launching pads, satellite tracking stations, astronomical observatories, and several other pieces of design, machineries and infrastructures.
These objects are remnants of a modernity tied to secrecy, war deterrence, and mass media associated to outer-space politics.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, 150 images
- Publisher: DOM Publishers
- Publication Date: 01/10/2016
- Category: Architectural structure & design
- ISBN: 9783869225371