Whittling Handbook Paperback / softback
by Peter Benson
This book is the perfect introduction to the simple, yet immensely pleasurable, craft of creating attractive objects with nothing more than a knife and a piece of timber.
Whittling is an art form that can be as simple or as complex as you like.
This delightful book guides the reader through the basics starting with straightforward projects such as a garden dibber and a paper knife, then progresses to more complex and intricate items such as a linked chain and a whistle.
The tools you'll need, plus the basic techniques and how to perform them safely are all covered in a clear and easy-to-follow way.
Projects include: Butter spreader, fork, cane toppers, backscratcher and dog-head stick handle.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 128 pages, 5 full colour illustrations and 300 photographs
- Publisher: Guild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd
- Publication Date: 25/02/2016
- Category: Carving & modelling, moulding & casting
- ISBN: 9781784940751