Peter Davenport, as Director of Excavations at the Bath Archaeological Trust, has been involved in some of the most important excavations in the city and, therefore, is in a better position than most to inform us about those "centuries of historical amnesia" that followed the departure of the Romans.
The book follows the reconstruction of the city around its convent and monastery and, later, its cathedral.
The book is illustrated throughout with photographs and drawings of sites, buildings, artworks, artifacts, and maps.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, illustrations
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 23/02/1998
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780752419657