Emotionally Healthy Relationships Participant's Pack : Discipleship that Deeply Changes Your Relationship with Others Paperback / softback
Why is it that so many people:
- Grow in love for God (supposedly) yet it does not translate into an increased love for others;
- Remain stuck in their ability to resolve conflicts maturely;
- Listen to sermons and read the Bible but remain defensive, judgmental, and unapproachable;
- Make negative assumptions about people without checking them out;
- Do not speak clearly, respectfully, and honestly to others;
- Are poor listeners;
- Fail to model a quality of love significantly different than the world around us?
Jesus taught that 2 great commandments summarize the whole of Scripture ';to love the Lord your God with all your heart and to love your neighbor as yourself.' For this reason, emotionally healthy spirituality offers not one but two core discipleship Courses: The EHS Course to deeply change your relationship with God, and The EH Relationships Course to deeply change your relationships with others.
Developed over a 20-year period by Pete and Geri Scazzero, The EH Relationships Course addresses this severe disconnect in our spirituality. Skills are necessary if we are to grow into emotionally/spiritually mature adults who love others well. This powerful 8-week Course will equip you with these tools to actually love people in difficult situations and mature into an adult follower of Jesus.
These eight skills, or tools, are:
- Community Temperature Reading (CTR) to become aware of your God-given value and build healthy relationships with others
- Stop Mind Reading & Clarify Expectations to clarify what another person is thinking rather than make assumptions
- Genogram Your Family to become aware of unhealthy patterns in your family of origin that hinder emotional and spiritual growth
- Explore the Iceberg to become aware of your emotions to better discern God's will
- Incarnational Listening to listen at a heart level with empathy, like Christ, to another person
- Climb the Ladder of Integrity to clarify your values by processing your thoughts and feelings and to assert yourself respectfully
- Clean Fighting to resolve conflict maturely and take responsibility for difficult issues
Take this Course. And get ready for God to change you, and your relationships, in life-giving ways far beyond anything you could have imagined!
This pack contains one softcover workbook and one DVD in Amaray case.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 12/09/2017
- Category: Christian instruction
- ISBN: 9780310081968