Packed with worked examples and problems, this book will help the reader improve their confidence and skill in data-handling.
The mathematical methods needed for problem-solving are described in the first part of the book, with chapters covering topics such as indices, graphs and logarithms.
The following eight chapters explore data-handling in different areas of microbiology and biochemistry including microbial growth, enzymes and radioactivity.
Each chapter is fully illustrated with worked examples that provide a step-by-step guide to the solution of the most common problems.
Over 30 exercises, ranging in difficulty and length, allow you to practise your skills and are accompanied by a full set of hints and solutions.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 256 pages, 8 Halftones, black and white; 69 Line drawings, black and white
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 01/12/2010
- Category: Mathematical modelling
- ISBN: 9780521194556
- Paperback / softback from £24.35