The Smoke of the Soul : Medicine, Physiology and Religion in Early Modern England Hardback
by R. Sugg
What was the soul? Christians agreed that it was the immortal core of each human being.
Yet there was no agreement on where the soul was, what it was, or how it could be joined to the body.
The Smoke of the Soul explores the anxieties and excitement generated by the mysterious zone where matter met spirit, and where human life met eternity.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 389 pages, XI, 389 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/11/2013
- Category: Religion & science
- ISBN: 9781137345592
- PDF from £57.79
- Paperback / softback from £56.15