A reclusive young man works in a San Francisco library for unpublishable books.
Life's losers, an astonishing number of whom seem to be writers, can bring their manuscripts to the library, where they will be welcomed, registered and shelved.
They will not be read, but they will be cherished. In comes Vida, with her manuscript. Her book is about her gorgeous body in which she feels uncomfortable.
The librarian makes her feel comfortable, and together they live in the back of the library until a trip to Tijuana changes them in ways neither of them had ever expected.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 04/07/2002
- Category: Classic fiction (pre c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099437581
- eAudiobook MP3 from £14.24
- Paperback / softback from £13.35