Though personally remembered by very few people, the interwar period was a fascinating time for railway enthusiasts, with the colourful liveries of the pre-Grouping companies allowing for a wide variety of interesting markings in the run-up to Grouping in 1923. This marked the beginning of the era of the Big Four, with the 1930s being a decade of innovation as, among other things, the LNER and LMS vied for supremacy over streamlining and a desire for speed.
This glamorous period was, unfortunately, cut short by the Second World War. With a fascinating array of historic images, Richard Denny offers a wonderfully evocative window into a unique and exciting time in Britain's railway history.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 180 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Publication Date: 15/11/2018
- Category: Trains & railways: general interest
- ISBN: 9781445683997