Exploring the World of the Vikings Paperback / softback
by RICHARD HALL
This authoritative survey of Viking history and culture, now available in paperback, tells the complete story of the Vikings from their origins in Scandinavia during the first millennium ad, through the incredible period of raiding, trading and settling known as the Viking Age, to their last surviving settlements in 15th-century Greenland.
Drawing on the very latest discoveries and augmenting textual evidence with fine archaeological detail, this sweeping narrative, written by a leading authority, creates a vivid picture of the Vikings at home and abroad in an era that laid many of the foundations of the modern world.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, 159 Illustrations, black and white; 141 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 12/07/2012
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780500290514