San Vincenzo al Volturno 1 : The 1980-86 Excavations, Part 1 Paperback / softback
Part of the Archaeological Monographs of the British School at Rome series
This is the first of a number of volumes describing the 1980-86 excavations at the early medieval Benedictine abbey of San Vincenzo al Volturno in central Italy.
This volume gives a general introduction to this important project, a description of the archaeological remains, and then detailed accounts of the excavation of the Carolingian Crypt Church, the `South Church', the Refectory, the Garden Court and the Entrance Hall.
Also included is a reappraisal of the cycle of paintings in the crypt in the light of the excavations.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: xxi, 236 including 215 b/w illus and 23 col plates.
- Publisher: British School at Rome
- Publication Date: 01/12/1993
- Category: Religious buildings
- ISBN: 9780904152241