Yorkshire : A lyrical history of England's greatest county Paperback / softback
'Restless, poetic, strange ... and the territory it describes deserves nothing less' Observer'Glittering and energetic' Country LifeYorkshire is 'a continent unto itself', a region where mountain, plain, coast, downs, fen and heath lie close.
By weaving history, family stories, travelogue and ecology, Richard Morris reveals how Yorkshire took shape as a landscape and in literature, legend and popular regard.
The result is a fascinating and wide-ranging meditation on Yorkshire and Yorkshireness, told through the prism of the region's most extraordinary people and places.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 304 pages, B&W integrated and 1x8pp colour plates
- Publisher: Orion Publishing Co
- Publication Date: 04/04/2019
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781780229096
- Hardback from £18.89
- EPUB from £3.99