by RICHARD SALE
Part of the Collins New Naturalist Library series
Falcons have been a source of inspiration to writers, artists, historians and naturalists alike. In a much-anticipated volume on one of Britain's most fascinating group of birds, Richard Sale draws on a wealth of experience and research, providing a comprehensive natural history of the four British breeding falcons.
The book takes each of the four breeding species in turn (Kestrel, Merlin, Hobby and Peregrine Falcon), exploring its form, habitat, breeding biology and status, along with a chapter on the hunting techniques of each species.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 608 pages, (200 colour images)
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Publication Date: 20/06/2016
- Category: Wildlife: birds & birdwatching
- ISBN: 9780007511419
- EPUB from £22.99
- Paperback / softback from £25.55