A variety of oil company-related items from small "give-aways" to hundreds of colorful oil cans, globes, and signs are presented here.
The products of major national companies like Gulf and Texaco share space with many smaller and specialized products of marine, automotive, aviation, locomotive and small engine lubrication.
The book has sections covering gasoline pumps, maps, badges, buttons, and signs for the refreshment sodas sold at the service stations.
Over 500 color photographs present the graphics which make this area of advertising and packaging so entertaining.
Current market values of the items are included with the captions.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 500 color photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/01/1997
- Category: Automotive technology & trades
- ISBN: 9780887409349