The Golden Age of Video Games : The Birth of a Multibillion Dollar Industry Paperback / softback
This book focuses on the history of video games, consoles, and home computers from the very beginning until the mid-nineties, which started a new era in digital entertainment.
The text features the most innovative games and introduces the pioneers who developed them.
It offers brief analyses of the most relevant games from each time period.
An epilogue covers the events and systems that followed this golden age while the appendices include a history of handheld games and an overview of the retro-gaming scene.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 218 pages, 8-page color insert; 186 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
- Publication Date: 23/03/2011
- Category: History: specific events & topics
- ISBN: 9781439873236
- Hardback from £137.35
- PDF from £32.39