Ensemble Theatre Making : A Practical Guide EPUB
Ensemble Theatre Making: A Practical Guide is the first comprehensive diagnostic handbook for building, caring for, and maintaining an ensemble. Successful ensembles don't happen by chance; they must be created, nurtured, and maintained through specific actions. Achieving common goals in rehearsal and performance requires group trust, commitment and sacrifice. Ensemble Theatre Making is a step-by-step guide to these processes.
Candid and direct, it considers:
- how to plan and prepare for ensemble work;
- the essential building blocks of ensemble;
- how to identify ensemble behaviors;
- techniques for responding to, and positively redirecting those behaviors.
Tools, techniques and recipes for rethinking ensemble redefine it as a grounded practice, rather than a question of luck. Above all, this significant new work brings decades of experience to the sometimes mystifying questions of what creates ensemble bonds, how to protect them, and how to fix them when they break.
- Format: EPUB
- Pages: 230 pages
- Publisher: Taylor and Francis
- Publication Date: 12/11/2012
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9781136302091
- Paperback / softback from £25.99
- Hardback from £101.45
- PDF from £22.49