Trunks, Traveling Bags, and Satchels Paperback / softback
The variety of packing trunks and carrying bags for salesmen, tradesmen, bankers, doctors, and travelers that are shown here will astound you.
Whether of light or heavy weight, large or small size, and specific or general purpose, they all were made with a job in mind.
Taken from the pages of sales catalogs of the 1890s, these illustrations are advertising pieces to the new mail-order business.
They evoke the time when objects were made to last forever, and today there are trunks and bags of these types available in the antiques market.
The Price Guide reflects what their values are today.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 190 b/w illus.
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 30/09/1998
- Category: Clothing & footware manufacture
- ISBN: 9780764306174