Sailor's Hope : The Life and Times of William Cooper, Agrarian Radical in an Age of Revolutions Paperback / softback
Sailor's Hope provides a moving account of a multi-faceted man, tracking his engagement with the extraordinary changes occurring in the Atlantic and Pacific Worlds in the decades after the American and French Revolutions.
William Cooper was born in poverty in industrializing Scotland.
Without any formal education, he worked his way up through the British merchant marine to the position of captain on voyages linking Britain with Iberia and North America.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages, 10 maps
- Publisher: McGill-Queen's University Press
- Publication Date: 19/11/2010
- Category: Biography: historical, political & military
- ISBN: 9780773537743
- Hardback from £74.59
- PDF from £98.33