Telling West Indian Lives : Life Narrative and the Reform of Plantation Slavery Cultures 1804-1834 Hardback
by S. Thomas
Part of the New Caribbean Studies series
Telling West Indian Lives: Life Narrative and the Reform of Plantation Slavery Cultures 1804-1834 draws historical and literary attention to life story and narration in the late plantation slavery period.
Drawing on new archival research, it highlights the ways written narrative shaped evangelical, philanthropic, and antislavery reform projects.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 241 pages, XIII, 241 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 10/07/2014
- Category: Literature: history & criticism
- ISBN: 9781137441027
- PDF from £59.50
- Paperback / softback from £61.69