Teaching English as an International Language : An introduction to the role of English as an international language and its implications for language teaching Paperback / softback
English is the main language of international communication, and almost everyone wants to learn it.
But which English should we teach, and how? In this book, Sandra Lee McKay challenges the cultural assumptions underlying much of the English teaching currently taking place.
She looks at the implications of the spread of English as an international language for what we teach and how we teach it.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, numerous figures and tables
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 07/03/2002
- Category: Language teaching theory & methods
- ISBN: 9780194373647