Part of the NOFA guides. Includes information on: Soils, the foundation of health (manure management) Crop production and grazing management (forage species, pasture management, setting up a grazing system) Livestock (selection, nutrition, winter and summer feed considerations, seasonal milking, habitat, herd health, milk quality) Marketing (selling fluid milk, regulations, facility and equipment, selling raw milk) Recordkeeping The transition to organic Featuring examples from various farms in the Northeast.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 104 pages, Black and White Line Drawings
- Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing Co
- Publication Date: 28/04/2011
- Category: Agriculture & farming
- ISBN: 9781603583510
- EPUB from £6.85