Goya Paperback / softback
Part of the Art & Ideas series
Sarah Symmons' fascinating account locates Goya in the context of his Spanish heritage, traces the immense influence of his work throughout Europe and considers the continued relevance of his art in the twentieth century.
Drawings, oil paintings, frescos, tapestry designs and prints all convey the full range of Goya's work.
Symmons draws on the most recent scholarship and on rediscovered works to create a comprehensive portrait of this complex artist that is perfectly up-to-date and highly absorbing.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages
- Publisher: Phaidon Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 20/08/1998
- Category: History of art & design styles: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780714837512
- Paperback / softback from £11.55