Unemployment & Crime : Experimental Evidence of the Causal Effects of Intensified ALMPs on Crime Rates Among Unemployed Individuals Paperback / softback
A number of studies investigate the extent to which levels of welfare benefits reduce crime among the unemployed.
This paper expands this literature by testing whether the intensity of other welfare programs aimed at the unemployed affects their criminal activity, using evidence from a Danish social experiment that randomly assigned active labor market programs (ALMPs) of different levels of intensity to newly unemployed individuals.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 26 pages, b/w illus
- Publisher: University Press of Southern Denmark
- Publication Date: 23/02/2012
- Category: Poverty & unemployment
- ISBN: 9788790199647