Presidents and the Media : The Communicator in Chief Hardback
Part of the Media and Power series
Is Donald Trump's "War on the Media" new news, fake news, or business as usual?
Presidents have always "used" the media and felt abused by it.
Tried and true vehicles such as press conferences, routine speeches and the State of the Union address have served presidents' interests and received significant coverage by the print media.
As new technologies have entered the media spectrum, the speed and pervasiveness of these interactions have changed dramatically.
President Obama ushered in the social media presidency, while President Trump has become the tweeter-in-chief.
This book shows how each of these developments affects what is communicated and how it is received by the public.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 222 pages, 12 Line drawings, black and white; 19 Halftones, black and white; 3 Tables, black and whi
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 24/07/2018
- Category: Politics & government
- ISBN: 9781138479807
- Paperback / softback from £29.55
- EPUB from £27.88
- PDF from £27.88