Aboriginal Australians : First Nations of an Ancient Continent Paperback / softback
Part of the New Horizons series
Here is a lively, vibrantly illustrated social and cultural history of the Aboriginal Australians, from their origins to the present day.
The book explores the spiritual beliefs and Dreamings of the Indigenous people, their complex social structures and relationship with the land, and their struggle to survive the trials of colonization and forced assimilation.
It also looks in depth at their massive cultural renaissance over the past four decades, with comprehensive coverage of the way in which Aboriginal art and literature have become flagships for Australian culture.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 128 pages, Illustrated in colour and black and white throughout
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 27/09/2004
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780500301142