* When did fried calamari stop play in a first-class match? * Who was the first Test player to be born in Papua New Guinea? * And who said "But when does it start?" after watching two hours' cricket at Lord's? The answers to these questions, and nearly 2,000 others, can be found somewhere in past editions of Wisden Cricketers' Almanack.
The world's most famous sporting reference book, it has been published every year since 1864, and provides cricket's definitive archive. And now, for the first time, Wisden has trawled over one hundred thousand Almanack pages to produce a quiz book with a difference.
Every page contains a themed quiz. Get all 11 questions right, finishing off by smashing the dastardly "googly" for six, and you'll score a Wisden half-century of your very own ...Do it twice running and you'll make a century! The question-master is Steven Lynch, who has worked for Wisden since 1985.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 01/11/2004
- Category: Puzzles & quizzes
- ISBN: 9780947766924