Celebrating Britain : Canaletto, Hogarth and Patriotism Paperback / softback
Canaletto's time in Mid-Georgian Britain has received much scholarly attention in the past.
But this book places his work in a broader political and social context, linking his paintings and drawings with a growing sense of assurance and mission which the British nation was beginning to display - perhaps best represented by the works of William Hogarth.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 120 pages, 55 colour
- Publisher: Paul Holberton Publishing
- Publication Date: 05/03/2015
- Category: History of art & design styles: c 1600 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781907372780