The American Congress Hardback
The tenth edition of this respected textbook provides a fresh perspective and a crisp introduction to congressional politics.
Informed by the authors' Capitol Hill experience and scholarship, the new edition reflects changes in Congress resulting from the 2018 elections and such developments as (a) a new majority party in the House; (b) new campaign spending numbers and election outcomes, rules, committees, leaders, and budget developments; and (c) recent political science literature that provides new perspectives on the institution.
The text emphasizes the recent developments and includes important learning aids, including lists of key term, discussion questions and suggested further reading.
Alongside clear explanations of congressional rules and the lawmaking process there are examples from contemporary events and debates that highlight Congress as a group of politicians as well as a lawmaking body.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 416 pages, 53 Graphs; 20 Tables, unspecified; 24 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Publication Date: 17/07/2019
- Category: Political structure & processes
- ISBN: 9781538125823
- EPUB from £113.40
- PDF from £40.80
- Paperback / softback from £36.95
- Multiple copy pack from £72.69
- Mixed media product from £64.25