Mental Health Worldwide : Culture, Globalization and Development Paperback / softback
Offers a perceptive critique of the universalized model of psychiatry and its apparent exportation from the West to the developing world.
Rooted in detailed analysis of the problems this causes, the book proposes new suggestions for advancing the field of mental health and wellbeing in a way that is ethical, sustainable and culturally sensitive.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 210 pages, XII, 210 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 11/04/2014
- Category: Abnormal psychology
- ISBN: 9781137329585
- Hardback from £67.59