Encouraging Reading Paperback / softback
by Susan Elkin
Part of the Ideas in Action series
Reading is an essential life skill; it can raise intelligence and develop confidence in learning.
Susan Elkin's handy, introductory guide outlines teaching concepts and practical strategies to encourage reading both in and out of the classroom.
The topics covered include: creative suggestions to encourage reading in all age groups; ideas to support reading for pleasure as well as for information gathering; and, making the most of schemes offering incentives for children to read.
This is essential reading for all teachers.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 12/12/2007
- Category: Teaching skills & techniques
- ISBN: 9781855393509