Black Sheep Paperback / softback
by Susan Hill
`Powerful... Poignant, bleak and haunting, this is a small masterpiece' Sunday MirrorBrother and sister, Ted and Rose Howker, grew up in Mount of Zeal, a mining village blackened by coal.
They know nothing of the outside world, though both of them yearn for escape.
For Rose this comes in the form of love, while Ted seizes the chance of a job away from the pit.
But neither can truly break free and their decisions bring with them brutal consequences... `Gripping all the way to its unexpected end' Spectator
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 03/11/2014
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099539568
- EPUB from £3.99
- Hardback from £8.39
- eAudiobook MP3 from £11.72