Global Geographies of Post-Socialist Transition : Geographies, societies, policies PDF
Part of the Routledge Studies in Human Geography series
Since the formal raising of the Iron Curtain, there has been much interest in post-socialism and the process of post-socialist transition. This timely book provides a systematic review and analysis of the process of 'transition'. Herrschel:
- explores recent theories, concepts and debates on post-socialism and the notion of transition
- provides a systematic, topical account of post-socialist transitions around the world, as evidence by social, economic, and political processes
- examines case studies of post-socialist transition in east and Central Europe, the former Soviet Union, Asia and South-East Asia, and Africa and Latin America
- brings together theoretical and practical aspects by examining what lessons can be learned from recent experiences.
Global Geographies of Post-Socialist Transition provides a truly global comparative account of the meaning and processes of post-socialist transition and will be an invaluable resource for all those interested in this area.
- PDF from £72.00
- Paperback / softback from £34.95
- EPUB from £32.24