Reading Japan offers the student readings on geopolitics, education, language, Japanese-ness and ethnicity, gender and history, with the dual aims of broadening students' understanding of Japan and of providing opportunities to read authentic Japanese texts.
Each chapter contains an essay in English, a selection of readings in Japanese, comprehensive vocabulary lists, discussion questions and a list of sources and additional readings.
Pitched at Intermediate to Advanced and B1-C1 level, this reader is not simply a language textbook; it offers students a chance to learn and think in depth about Japan as they build confidence in reading real-world Japanese texts.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 184 pages, 10 Line drawings, black and white; 128 Tables, black and white; 10 Illustrations, black a
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 26/11/2019
- Category: Language teaching & learning material & coursework
- ISBN: 9780367150068
- EPUB from £22.49
- PDF from £22.49
- Paperback / softback from £25.99