This unique encyclopedia brings together a remarkable amount of practical information on the world's most important timbers: from abura to ziricote.
Stunning colour photographs provide an invaluable guide to species identification, and there is reliable data on working properties, seasoning requirements, durability, typical uses, and the health risks which may be associated with certain species.
A further 200 species are listed in brief and a comprehensive index enables you to identify any of the listed woods by both common and scientific names, and by local names used in their country of origin.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, 350 full colour photographs
- Publisher: Guild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/10/2006
- Category: DIY: carpentry & woodworking
- ISBN: 9781861084361
- Paperback / softback from £11.59