The haunting sound of its distant hoot may be as close as many of us ever get to an owl.
But there are roughly 200 owl species worldwide. These birds of prey display noticeable differences in size and markings, but they also share many physical traits and living skills.
How do owls capture prey and defend themselves? How are their wings designed for silent, gliding flight?
How do owls conceal themselves from predators? Young readers will learn the answers to these questions and much more in the beautifully illustrated Exploring the World of Owls.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 24 pages, Full colour photos throughout
- Publisher: Firefly Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 22/12/2011
- Category: Wildlife (Children's/YA)
- ISBN: 9781554079575