Botanical Illustration Paperback / softback
"Botanical Illustration" is an introduction to the marrying of art and science in the aesthetic and accurate portrayal of plant material.
This book builds on the work of illustrators of the past, ranging from Elizabeth Blackwell, whose drawings helped to release her husband from debtors' prison, through to the exceptional scientific drawings of Beatrix Potter.
It deals with the practical art and the related botany of the subject.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 216 colour illustrations
- Publisher: The Crowood Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 18/09/2008
- Category: History of art / art & design styles
- ISBN: 9781847970510
- EPUB from £11.99