The Ascent Of Rum Doodle Paperback / softback
by W E Bowman
An English comic novel about a World War II expedition to a Himalayan peak. WITH AN INTRODUCTION BY BILL BRYSONAn outrageously funny spoof about the ascent of a 40,000-and-a-half-foot peak, The Ascent of Rum Doodle has been a cult favourite since its publication in 1956.
Led by the reliably under-insightful Binder, a team of seven British men -- including Dr Prone (constantly ill), Jungle the route finder (constantly lost), Constant the diplomat (constantly arguing) -- and 3,000 Yogistani porters sets out to conquer the highest peak in the Himalayas.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/04/2010
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099530381
- Paperback / softback from £6.89
- EPUB from £4.99
- eAudiobook MP3 from £6.00