Canto Classics : The Conquests of Alexander the Great Paperback / softback
In this book, Waldemar Heckel traces the rise and eventual fall of one of the most successful military commanders in history.
In 325 BCE, Alexander and his conquering army prepared to return home, after overcoming everything in their path: armies, terrain, climate, all invariably hostile.
Little did they know that within two years their beloved king would be dead and their labours seemingly wasted.
Tracing the rise and eventual fall of one of the most successful military commanders in history, Heckel engagingly and with great detail shows us how Alexander earned his appellation, The Great.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, Worked examples or Exercises
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 29/03/2012
- Category: Classical history / classical civilisation
- ISBN: 9781107645394