Balibar and the Citizen Subject Paperback / softback
Edited by Hanan Elsayed
Part of the Critical Connections series
This collection explores Balibar's rethinking of the connections between subjection and subjectivity by tracing the genealogies of these concepts in their discursive history.
The 12 essays provide an overview of Balibar's work after his collaboration with Althusser.
They explain and expand his framework; in particular, by restoring Arabic and Islamic thought to the conversation on the citizen subject.
The collection includes two previously untranslated essays by Balibar himself on Carl Schmitt and Thomas Hobbes.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 320 pages, 2 B/W illustrations
- Publisher: Edinburgh University Press
- Publication Date: 31/08/2018
- Category: Islamic & Arabic philosophy
- ISBN: 9781474437387