Ridley Scott : A Critical Filmography Paperback / softback
Ridley Scott, the director of such seminal films as Blade Runner, Alien and Thelma & Louise, is one of the most important directors of the last fifty years.
Unlike many directors, Scott has been remarkably transparent about his craft, offering the audience glimpses into his creative process.
This book explores Scott's oeuvre in depth, devoting a chapter to his 22 primary works, from his first effort, Boy and Bicycle (1962), through Robin Hood (2010).
Topics discussed include the critical reception of the films, and the ways in which Scott's works function as cinematic mediators of issues such as religion, women's rights and history.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 189 pages, 23 photographs, filmography
- Publisher: McFarland & Co Inc
- Publication Date: 15/08/2011
- Category: Film production: technical & background skills
- ISBN: 9780786458660