Absalom, Absalom! Paperback / softback
Quentin Compson and Shreve, his Harvard room-mate, are obsessed by the tragic rise and fall of Thomas Sutpen.
As a poor white boy, Sutpen was turned away from a plantation owner's mansion by a negro butler. From then on, he was determined to force his way into the upper echelons of Southern society. His relentless will ensures his ambitions are soon realised; land, marriage, children.
But in after the chaos of Civil War, secrets from his own past threaten to destroy everything he has worked for.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 384 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 19/01/1995
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099475118
- Paperback / softback from £9.89
- EPUB from £2.99