Traditional Chinese Medicine Paperback / softback
by Yuqun Liao
Part of the Introductions to Chinese Culture series
Traditional Chinese medicine is one of the most renowned and most controversial scientific achievements of ancient Chinese civilisation.
Although Western medicine is often the basic method used to deal with medical problems, the techniques developed in traditional Chinese medicine still play an important part in protecting the health of the Chinese people and are practised throughout the world.
Liao Yuqun provides a comprehensive, illustrated introduction to the history and theory of traditional Chinese medicine, exploring classical medical texts, diagnostic methods, the use of medical herbs and techniques such as acupuncture.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 138 pages, 7 Tables, black and white; 124 Halftones, color; 1 Line drawings, unspecified
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 25/08/2011
- Category: Complementary medicine
- ISBN: 9780521186728