This book concerns the theoretical foundations of hydro mechanics of Pelton turbines from a viewpoint of engineering. For reference purposes all relevant flow processes and hydraulic aspects in a Pelton turbine have been analyzed completely and systematically.
The analyses especially include the quantification of all possible losses existing in the Pelton turbine and the indication of most available potential for further enhancing the system efficiency.
As a guideline the book therefore supports further developments of Pelton turbines with regard to their hydraulic designs and optimizations.
It is thus suitable for the development and design engineers as well as those working in the field of turbo machinery.
Many laws described in the book can also be directly used to simplify aspects of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) or to develop new computational methods.
The well-executed examples help better understanding the related flow mechanics.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 311 pages, 6 Tables, color; 6 Illustrations, color; 124 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 311 p.
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 14/06/2016
- Category: Meteorology & climatology
- ISBN: 9783319319087
- PDF from £93.08
- Paperback / softback from £109.99